本文是一篇记叙文,讲述了卡特一家的孩子们每天都有很多课外活动,父母需要开车接送他们,这让父母感到很累。乔希提出了拼车的解决方案,这个方案得到了邻居们的支持,最终解决了问题。
“Josh! Kate! Emma! Time to go!” Mrs. Cater called from the car.
“乔希 凯特 艾玛 该走了!” 凯特夫人在车里喊道。
Emma and Kate hurried to finish their breakfast and Josh was busy looking for his Backpack.
艾玛和凯特赶紧吃完早餐,乔希则忙着找他的背包。
As usual, it was a big rush. Every morning, their mother or father had to drive them to school.
和往常一样,他们都很匆忙。每天早上,他们的妈妈或爸爸都要开车送他们去学校。
“HURRY!” called their mother. Not so gently (温柔地) this time.
“快点!”妈妈喊道。这次可没那么温柔了。
Kids ran to the car. Then Mom turned onto the road.
孩子们跑向汽车。然后,妈妈拐上了公路。
“Kids, what activities do you have after school?” Mom asked.
“孩子们,你们放学后有什么活动?”妈妈问。
“I have dance class.” said Kate.
“凯特说:“我有舞蹈课。”
“I have soccer.” said Josh.
乔希说:“我有足球课。”
“I have art class.” said Emma. Their mother just sighed (吸气).
艾玛说:“我有美术课。”他们的妈妈只是叹了口气。
That afternoon, Mrs. Carter had to pick up everybody. She drove a long way. Finally they were home.
那天下午,卡特夫人要去接大家。她开了很远的车。终于到家了。
Looking at the tired mother. Emma said. “I have an idea! We can ride bikes to school.”
看着疲惫不堪的母亲。艾玛说: “我有个主意 我们可以骑车上学。”
“It’s too far! And taking a taxi costs a lot. If there were buses, that would be nice.” said Kate.
“太远了,而且打车很贵。如果有公交车就好了。”凯特说。
“Today we talked about cars in science class. Many people are all driving at the same time. That’s bad for the air. It uses too much gas (汽油). So we could do a carpool (拼车). Kill two birds with one stone !” said Josh proudly.
“今天,我们在科学课上讨论了汽车。很多人同时开车。这对空气不好。它消耗了太多的汽油。所以我们可以拼车。一石二鸟!”乔希自豪地说。
“Fantastic! We can talk to our neighbors.” said Kate excitedly.
“太棒了!我们可以和邻居聊天了。”凯特兴奋地说。
“Yes!” said Josh “Mom! We could ask them to carpool.”
“对!”乔希说,“妈妈!我们可以请他们拼车。”
That night the family went to visit their neighbors.
那天晚上,一家人去拜访邻居。
The family told the Smiths their plan. They all loved the idea!
一家人把计划告诉了史密斯夫妇。他们都很喜欢这个主意!
Evan Smith and Josh were on the same soccer team Their parents would take turns to pick up the boys.
埃文-史密斯和乔希在同一个足球队,他们的父母会轮流去接他们。
The Carters visited other neighbors. One family said they would drive to school two days a week. Another family had children to Emma’s art class. Someone else had kids in Kate’s dance class.
卡特夫妇还拜访了其他邻居。一户人家说,他们每周会开车送孩子们去学校两天。另一户人家的孩子上了艾玛的艺术课。还有一户人家的孩子上凯特的舞蹈课。
剩余段落暂不支持预览,下载文章即可阅读全文,有任何疑问请您联系客服【18011429143】微信同号。